Sunday, January 24, 2010

Power mattress soup

I bought a bed, again. The bed that I bought about two years ago sucks. I hate to say it, but it really does. It's one of those new-agey beds that don't have springs and coils. They said that the foam used in the mattress was made with space-age technology that is supposed to absorb pressure and shock without breaking down. It broke down. Now it's all saggy on the left side (where I always sleep). If I ever try to sleep on the right side of the bed, I roll toward the left...toward my indentation.
Micah and I needed a new bed...and a bigger bed, so my parents gave us some money for one for Christmas. My dad did this really cool scavenger hunt, where he hid little envelopes of money all over the house. It was a really special present and an even more special memory. I just hope this new bed is better than the other (it's a queen pillow-top mattress made by a company in Tualatin...it FELT comfy!!)
Tonight, when I got home I realized that I had a bunch of veggies that were threatening to go bad, so I made another soup. It has sweet potatoes, chick peas, onions, garlic, turkey sausage, and kale...I hope it turns out. I decided to call it "Power Mattress Soup" :)
Now if only I could curl up our new bed and eat soup. That would make the day even better.

Currently reading:
Stitches: A Memoir by David Small (it's very good. I was able to read it in about an hour- it's like a graphic novel re: emotional issues)

Currently watching:
Mamma Mia!

Currently procrastinating:
My dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment